Installation on MacOS 13.2.1 for user account

I’m trying to install MNE 1.6.1 on our lab’s iMac (Ventura 13.2.1, M1, 90GB+ remaining disk space). I get an uninformative error window saying that the installation failed. The command line yields this message:

lab@SASS-400 ~ % installer -pkg Downloads/MNE-Python-1.6.1_0-macOS_Intel.pkg -target CurrentUserHomeDirectory -verbose
installer: Package name is MNE-Python 1.6.1_0
installer: Upgrading at base path /Users/lab
installer: Preparing for installation….....
installer: Preparing the disk….....
installer: Preparing MNE-Python 1.6.1_0….....
installer: Waiting for other installations to complete….....
installer: Configuring the installation….....
installer: 	
#
installer: Writing files….....
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
installer: The upgrade failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An unexpected error occurred while moving files to the final destination.)

Installation is successful on the the admin account, but RAs need to use the software on the lab user account. I’m not sure if I need to set up sudo or if there is a better way to fix this.

Hello, the installer moves the MNE installation directory into /Applications. For this reason, we currently only support system-wide installation through an admin account.

For per-user installations, please follow the instructions for a “manual” installation into a conda-based virtual environment.

Best wishes,
Richard

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.