Spyder was unable to retrieve the value of this variable from the console

• MNE version: v0.24.1
  • Spyder IDE 5.1.5
  • Python 3.7.9
  • operating system: Windows 10

Dear Forum,

I want to check the variable “raw” after reading my edf data with raw=mne.io.read_raw_edf. However, I got the error message denoting that "Spyder was unable to retrieve the value of this variable from the console ".

捕获

I have done this before without any problems, but maybe with different versions of spyder and mne. I want to know how to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Is your Spyder in conda or an independent .exe?

It’s independent.

发自我的华为手机

发件人: 刘政 via MNE Forum mne@discoursemail.com
日期: 2021年12月27日周一 晚上7:45
收件人: liyy90@163.com
主 题: [MNE Forum] [:speech_balloon: Support & Discussions] Spyder was unable to retrieve the value of this variable from the console

If I don’t remember wrong, to get what you want, you have to use the Spider in your conda.

Yes, but there is something wrong when I tried to open Spyder in Anaconda. Spyder doesn’t respond and couldn’t be opened. That’s why I installed an independent one at first.

I got the same error in Spyder with other objects from multiple libraries, even numpy arrays or pandas dataframes. As for you, I’m running the latest spyder version outside conda (pip install). This is a spyder-related bug, and from an MNE perspective, there is nothing that can be done.

You can however use the console to print different information from the object, e.g.

IN: raw
IN: raw.info
3 Likes

Yes, I see. I just thought that checking the details of an object would be helpful for beginners, in which Spyder surpasses Jupyter Notebook.

Thank you all the same.