Regarding epochs['tapping'].plot_image() not working

• MNE version: 1.3.1
  • operating system: Windows 10

I don’t know why the graph is not showing any plots inside it. Can someone please help?

#Not Showing the epochs
plt.rcParams['figure.figsize'] = (10,8) #w,h

epochs['Tapping'].copy().pick("hbo").plot_image(combine='mean', vmin=-30, vmax=30,
                             ts_args=dict(ylim=dict(hbo=[-15, 15],
                                                    hbr=[-15, 15])))

I’d think your scale limits are way too big. If you look closely you can see an extremely flat GFP and light shades of red in the heatmap. Try removing the ylim , vmin and vmax parameters.

Richard

Thank you so much Richard :slight_smile: means a lot! I removed vmin and vmax parameters and it worked. But can you please explain me how it worked or what happened there, since I am new to it?

vmin and vmax are the data values that get mapped to the min/max of the color range. If your biggest/smallest data values are in the range of ~0.1 or so, and you set min/max to +/-30, all of your data will get mapped to a light greyish color (the color at the middle of the colormap).

For the GFP plot, it’s a similar problem: the y values for GFP seem to be much les than 1 microMolar, so setting the y range to +/- 15 squashes the line to look really flat.