A new version of MNE-Python is released, version 1.4.0
53 people have contributed to this release - among them 14 first-time contributors!
As usual, we welcome your bug reports, feature requests, critiques, and contributions.
Read more about the release below!
Your MNE-Python Team
- Add support for eye tracking data using mne.io.read_raw_eyelink() (#11152 by Dominik Welke and Scott Huberty)
- mne.beamformer.trap_music() implements the TRAP-MUSIC localisation algorithm with the same signature as mne.beamformer.rap_music() (#11679 by Théodore Papadopoulo)
- Add harmonic field correction (HFC) for OPM sensors in mne.preprocessing.compute_proj_hfc() (#11536 by new contributor George O’Neill and Eric Larson)
- Add support for skip_by_annotation in mne.io.Raw.notch_filter() (#11388 by Mainak Jas)
- Add support for output=‘complex’ to mne.time_frequency.psd_array_welch() and when using method=‘welch’ with mne.Epochs.compute_psd() (#11556 by Eric Larson)
We have changed a few things that will require you to adjust your code.
- Deprecate mne.pick_channels_evoked in favor of evoked.copy().pick(…) (#11665 by Eric Larson)
- Set instance methods inst.pick_types and inst.pick_channels as legacy in favor of inst.pick(…) (#11665 by Eric Larson)
- The default of inst.pick_channels(…, ordered=False) will change to ordered=True in 1.5 to avoid silent bugs (#11665 by Eric Larson)
- Deprecate mne.gui.locate_ieeg in favor of mne_gui_addons.locate_ieeg() (#11616 by Alex Rockhill)
- Deprecate arguments kind and path from mne.channels.read_layout() in favor of a common argument fname (#11500 by Mathieu Scheltienne)
Full list of API changes:
For a full list of improvements and API changes, see: