FNIRS Tutorial does not display visualization

Hello,

In the " View consistency of responses across trials" section of the tutorial " Preprocessing functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) data", there are two plots that are described as depicting a peak around 6 seconds.

However, the plots I see don’t seem to display any signal at all…

(This from the website tutorial: Preprocessing functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) data — MNE 0.24.0 documentation)

ping @rob-luke. I’m guessing that the recent changes to Beer-Lambert may be the cause of this?

Correct, I’ll open a PR to fix it now.

Thanks @katied-neuro for reporting this

2 Likes

Ok I have proposed a fix here (Revert change to fNIRS tutorial by rob-luke · Pull Request #10036 · mne-tools/mne-python · GitHub). But it will not be reflected on the website until a new version is cut (weeks-months). @katied-neuro there is no bug in the software, it’s just that the scaling values in those plots expected a ppf value of 0.1

Until the tutorial fix is released, you can view the same tutorial on the MNE-nirs website Waveform Averaging Analysis — MNE-NIRS 0.1.3 dev documentation

And you can find a variety of other fNIRS examples at Examples — MNE-NIRS 0.1.3 dev documentation

Thanks again for reporting this issue (and the clear report!). And please let us know if any other questions that you have with any of the analysis.

1 Like