Vizaulization in MNE-R

Dear MNE,

I have a question about MNE-R, right now I am working in python. However, lately I am using some R packege on python, for that reason I was think to move into R. Whereby, I’d like to know if i can use all the MNE-examples in R, above all connectivity.

Thank you in advance

I am looking forward to waitting you answer

• MNE-Python version: 0.20
  • operating system: windows

In theory, any function that is part of MNE-Python should be accessible through MNE-R. In practice, I think this is not rigorously tested or even very widely used yet. I think the main reason to use MNE-R is if you are already more comfortable in R than in Python, and you want to do some analyses (probably statistics) that you can’t do easily in Python.

ping @Denis, who knows more than anyone about MNE-R.

Hi, the reticulate Interface to Python • reticulate package does a very nice job at interfacing with Python from within R. MNE-R is based one reticulate and has vignettes that show how you can call MNE-Python code from within R. For example: Processing MEG and EEG from raw to evoked • mne or: Using machine learning to analyze evoked responses • mne
The integration is further facilitated by the to_data_frame (mne.BaseEpochs — MNE 0.23.0 documentation) methods in MNE-Python and the corresponding get_data_frame function Get data from MNE into R data.frame — get_data_frame • mne (but you can also simply call to_data_frame methods directly via reticulate. Currently, MNE-R is slightly out of sync with the latest version of MNE Python but I plan some maintenance/dev activities in the course of this year. Let me know if you have specific ideas/needs. If you have MNE usage examples from the R side, please consider contributing to MNE-R which should become a place for collecting examples and recipes showcasing analysis of M/EEG data using MNE and R. I hope that helps.