plot: scalings properly

• MNE version: 1.0.1
  • operating system: Windows 10

scalings=dict(eeg=1e-4, resp=1e3, eog=1e-4, emg=1e-7, misc=1e-1))

I want to scaling signals to a similar size like the picture above. I wonder how to change the number.

raw.plot(scalings=dict(eeg=4e2,ecg=1e-10))

I don’t really understand your question. Those are not even the same channels or channel types.
The scalings dictionary, as mentioned in the docstring, lets you provide one scaling for each channel type.

If you lower the number, you zoom-in.
If you increase the number, you zoom-out.

In the data browser, you can use the +/- key to zoom in/out interactively.

1 Like

I want to adjust the size so that I can see everything with my eyes on the printed screen. I’m not just zooming in on that part of the window.

But why do you pass this absurdly small scaling parameter for ECG? It’s the reason why the ECG trace is flat.

I thought there might be an artifact as well as that. What I wanted to know was if I could observe x, y, and z better at same scale.

I’m sorry, so what is your question, then? I’m confused. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Simply put, I want to make the event (epoch) for x, y, and z clear and large on the printed screen to make it a size that can be distinguished.

I’m still not entirely sure what you mean by that, it’s probably an issue of nomenclature. When you’re saying “epoch”, you’re not referring to epoched data, yes? And when you say “event”, you’re not referring to a single (instantaneous) trigger pulse?

So I’ll just assume you’re looking at continuous (“raw”) data and want to ensure that whichever time segment of the data you’re looking at, will be scaled by a meaningful factor?

I don’t think MNE currently supports that, unfortunately. All scaling is always applied to the entirety of time. Your best bet is probably to pass scalings='auto', which will ensure that 99.5% of data (across all time points, for each channel separately) are visible. However, this can still mean that there are significantly long time periods where the scaling isn’t helpful…

1 Like

thank you

but “auto” command jumps the values.

Cool, so this is what you want, right?