MICROMED Brain-Quick file reading

Do you guys have a hint about reading EEG files from MICROMED’s system?

This is the closest I could get with google → BRAIN QUICK® EEG Software - Micromed Group

The files have a .vwr extension

Appreciate any hints on this (or if you have knowledge of the formatting itself, happy to contribute with a read function for these files :slight_smile: )

personally I’ve never worked with MICROMED data.

to support a new file format, ideally we want a file format specification (basically something that says which information is stored in which bytes). Failing that, sometimes we can “figure it out” by inspecting an example file, but this harder, and has the drawback that we don’t know if there are variations out there that are “legal” but simply not seen in the example file.

The first step then would be to contact MICROMED and ask if they have a published file format specification, and if not, ask them if they are willing to make it public. If there are already example files out there (like in a published dataset) please add a link to one (or a few) such datasets. Once you have that — or can upload one or a few example files yourself (of anonymized data that you’re allowed to share) — then it would make sense to open a feature request on our GitHub page with that info.

I belive micromed joined natus Micromed joins Natus - Natus. Therefore as far as I am concerned with natus you should be able to download the file in EDF or EDF+ format. May be the post is old but I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.