We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer passionate about making healthcare better through designing and implementing machine learning systems that power EnsoData’s products and services. Our new team member must be focused on helping team members deliver outstanding user experiences. This position may be hybrid/remote and offers a salary of $100k-$150k, stock options, unlimited vacation, healthcare, and more.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create massive cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data, improving both patient and provider satisfaction and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with big data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare - sleep study scoring.
The mission for the Machine Learning Engineer is to use one’s expertise in ML to cover a full spectrum of activities to optimize EnsoData’s artificial intelligence. The person in this position will collaborate with others using his/her/their knowledge to apply ML techniques to contribute to EnsoData’s products and services, ultimately contributing to advances in healthcare. The person in this position, has the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class engineering team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical team.
- Algorithm: Deign knowledge
- Machine learning: Demonstrated experience applying ML to real world problems
- Deep learning: Competent in Python and modern deep learning libraries (tensorflow, keras) preferred
- Excellent Python development skills in multiprocessing, distributed systems, and big data environments
- Ability to communicate in a remote environment that strives to be diverse and inclusive
- Gets things done - bias toward action
- Goes above and beyond - intrinsically motivated
- Self-sufficient - excited about autonomy
- Doesn’t cut corners - integrity and attention to detail
- Shares knowledge - understands the value of good documentation and mentorship
- Spreads good vibes - fun to work with and is a great teammate
- Delights customers - comfortable working closely with customers and puts them first
- Passionate - possesses a strong desire to make healthcare better
The benefits package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Remote and flexible schedule - we have a headquarters in downtown Madison, WI but remote work and flexible schedules are supported. In case you didn’t know, Madison has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with options to choose a plan that fits you and your dependents needs.
- Unlimited vacation and sick time - we want our employees to rest, recharge, and feel better.
- Stock options - we want team members to feel ownership in the organization. When EnsoData does well, you do well.
- 401k to help people invest in the future.
- Team weeks! A few times of year everyone gathers in person to enjoy a few days together and participate in team events such as a volunteer activity. (Hint: check out our blog for info from former team weeks!)
We’d love for you to apply if you have…
- 3-5+ years work and/or project experience with machine learning systems development, particularly in healthcare applications
- Deep understanding and experience with applying cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical and data science algorithms, methods, techniques, and approaches
- Ability to apply advanced signal processing and statistical analysis techniques for physiological signals, time series, and sensor data formats
- Experience managing production ML systems on GCP or cloud environments
- Experience working in a HIPAA-compliant environment is a bonus
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or a related discipline required; Master’s or PhD preferred
- Submit a resume online and our human resources and hiring manager will choose those that seem like the best candidates.
- We look forward to meeting you face-to-face! A few candidates will be chosen for a 30-minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position in more detail.
- Expect a take-home challenge to show your skills.
- The final candidate(s) will participate in a video interview to meet other members of the team.
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you’re a great fit, but don’t necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here.
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis of race, color, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, or childbirth, gender orientation, identity, or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, past or present military service, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EnsoData will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData’s mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.