We’re looking for a Deep Learning Engineer passionate about making healthcare better through designing and implementing deep learning systems that power EnsoData’s products and services. Our new team member must be focused on helping team members deliver outstanding user experiences. This position may be hybrid/remote and offers a salary of $100k-$150k, stock options, unlimited vacation, opportunities for family and caregiver time away, healthcare, and more.
EnsoData strives to make healthcare more accurate, efficient, and affordable through waveform artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Using AI and machine learning, our software analyzes billions of data points collected from sensors placed throughout the human body. Our first solution, EnsoSleep, reduces the time clinicians spend analyzing, scoring and managing sleep studies. This results in a simplified and accelerated patient testing, diagnosis, and treatment workflow. Our AI-powered technology has the capability of informing health decisions beyond sleep medicine, from monitoring patient health in the ICU or through wearables, to detecting and capturing seizure data, to providing earlier detection of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and Alzheimer’s.
The mission for the Deep Learning Engineer is to use one’s expertise in deep learning to cover a full spectrum of activities to optimize EnsoData’s artificial intelligence. The person in this position will collaborate with others using his/her/their knowledge to apply deep learning techniques to contribute to EnsoData’s products and services, ultimately contributing to advances in healthcare. The person in this position has the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical team.
- Algorithm: Design knowledge
- Machine learning: Demonstrated experience applying ML to real world problems
- Deep learning: Modern deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch) as well as experience in implementing state-of-the-art deep learning architectures and training paradigms such as CNNs, RNNs, transformers, contrastive learning, multi-task learning, GANs, etc. is required
- Distributed Training: Previous experience with training models in a distributed environment utilizing cloud TPUs
- Excellent Python development skills in multiprocessing, distributed systems, and big data environments
- Ability to communicate in a remote environment that strives to be diverse and inclusive
Company Culture - Embrace the Pineapple! How do we do this?
- Make Healthcare Better - is passionate about moving healthcare to a better place for everyone everywhere
- Put Customers First - delights customers by working closely with them to support their initiatives
- Be a Great Teammate - spreads the good vibes and is a joy to work with; also understands the value of helping one’s teammates
- Gets $#!t Done - bias toward action and intrinsically motivated to go above and beyond; demonstrates the ability to work autonomously as well as across teams
- We also practice a Focus on Quality and look for teammates who don’t cut corners and demonstrate integrity and attention to detail
2023 Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces (third year in a row!)
The benefits package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Remote and flexible schedule - we have a headquarters in downtown Madison, WI but remote work and flexible schedules are supported. In case you didn’t know, Madison has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with options to choose a plan that fits you and your dependents needs.
- Unlimited vacation and sick time - we want our employees to rest, recharge, and feel better.
- Stock options - we want team members to feel ownership in the organization. When EnsoData does well, you do well.
- 401k to help people invest in the future.
- Team Summits! A few times of year everyone gathers in person to enjoy a few days together and participate in team events such as a volunteer activity. (Hint: check out our blog for info from former team weeks and conferences!)
We’d love for you to apply if you have…
- 3-5+ years work and/or project experience with machine learning systems development, particularly in healthcare applications
- Deep understanding and experience with applying cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical and data science algorithms, methods, techniques, and approaches
- Published peer reviewed papers related to deep learning and/or submitted work to conferences is preferred
- Ability to apply advanced signal processing and statistical analysis techniques for physiological signals, time series, and sensor data formats
- Experience managing production ML systems on GCP or cloud environments
- Experience working in a HIPAA-compliant environment is a bonus
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or a related discipline required; Master’s or PhD preferred
- Submit a resume online and our human resources and hiring manager will choose those that seem like the best candidates.
- We look forward to meeting you face-to-face! A few candidates will be chosen for a 30-minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position in more detail.
- Expect a take-home challenge to show your skills.
- The final candidate(s) will participate in a video interview to meet other members of the team.
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you’re a great fit, but don’t necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here.
Note: this role is based in the continental United States and currently EnsoData is unable to support sponsorships so candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States now and in the future.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against, nor do we tolerate unlawful harassment against, team members or any other covered persons on any basis of race, color, protective hairstyles, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, childbirth, gender orientation, identity or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, protected veteran status, arrest record, expunged or sealed convictions, criminal history, source of income, credit history, housing status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have a deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData’s mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.
If you are a job seeker applying to EnsoData and you feel that you need to request an accommodation or alternative application, please contact Angela at email@example.com.