Interpolation of EEG data

MNE Version: 0.22.0

Lets say you have 2 data sets with stimulation activity but of differing lengths.
Data 1 has stimulation activity of 3 seconds and pre and post non-stimulation activity.
Data 2 has stimulation activity of 3.5 seconds and pre and post non-stimulation activity.

I want to investigate only the stimulation activity (the 3 seconds of stimulation activity and the 3.5 seconds of stimulation) using, for example, a time-frequency analysis of a concatenated fif that stitches both data 1 and data 2 together.

How can I do this?

I was thinking the following:

1. Epoching both data sets with tmax at 3 secs (which removes the 0.5 stimulation information)
  2. Interpolating the data between t1=3s and t2=3.5s for Data 1 to allow the two data set times to be equal for concatenation.

Option 1: Epoching both at the minimum time is straight-forward and easy. I know how to do this.
Option 2: Does anyone know how to do this? Also, from a data analysis perspective, does anyone have insight on the validity of this method for analysis?

Thank you kindly for your time and attention.

Best
J

I would go with option 1 here. If you think that you are missing important brain activity in the last 0.5 seconds of data 2, then you could shift the 3s window to e.g. 0.5sā€“3.5s.