How to extract events from multiple trigger channels?

• MNE version: 1.5.1
  • operating system: e.g. macOS Sonoma 14.0

I am working on picture-word matching paradigm with MEG. I set different condition triggers (picture and audio separately) in different channels. Take one condition as an example. I set the picture onset trigger on channel 179, audio onset trigger on channel 186 and the correct response trigger on channel 176. Now I hope to analyse the brain response from the audio onset (channel 186) to correct response (channel 176) under this kind of picture onset (channel 179). Does anyone know how to extract events and get epochs correctly in this way? Can I get help on solving this problem?

Many Thanks,
Xindong

I would call mne.find_events for each trigger channel and use numpy to assemble a cleanup events array

ALex

find_events() actually accepts a list of channel names and will return the union of events found in all channels. I believe this is what you’ll want to use!

Best wishes,
Richard

Thanks for your reply! My supervisor also suggested me to try this method. But as a beginner, I am a little bit confused about how to assemble this cleanup array?

Thanks for your reply! I have tried the find_events function but it seems that this function can only extract all the events but cannot match these events.

yes you need to do this manually as this is very much system and dataset dependent.

Alex

1 Like

Many thanks!

Xindong