custom epoch's channel removal

Dear developers,
I am using:

• MNE-Python version: 0.23.0
  • operating system: win 10

Is it possible to mark a channel in an epoched data as bad? so that it can be later removed in the calculation of evoked response?
For instance let say we have 63 channels and 1000 epochs in total.
For epoch number 10, I would like to discard channel number 15 from further processes. Abd the list may continue for different epoch numbers.
The problem is it would result in different nave for different channels but that could be computed separately for each channel.
I would appreciate it if someone could help me do this removal.

Hello @mehdikuchi,

to my knowledge, it is currently not possible to mark channels as bad for only a subset of epochs. @larsoner or @mainakjas might know more about potential workarounds or an ETA for this feature.

Best wishes,
Richard

setting different bad channels for each epoch is not supported (and I would guess is unlikely to be supported in future). Having a potentially different nave for each channel would break a lot of other functionality.

Thanks a lot,
So I have to write custom codes. I just wanted to be sure.

Hi – I’d suggest interpolating the channel so you don’t have to deal with different nave. autoreject.github.io/ does this for you if you want to give it a shot.

Mainak

1 Like

Thanks, I have tried it before and the performance was not as good I had desired.