Convert epochs to raw objects and use autoreject on raw objects

:question: If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE version: e.g. 0.24.0
  • operating system: Windows 10

Hi all,

1. How can I convert epochs back to raw continuous eeg signal.

2. Can I apply the Autoreject function on continuous raw object? if possible, please show me how.

thanks

hi

1. How can I convert epochs back to raw continuous eeg signal.

how did you obtain your epochs? do you anticipate edge artifacts by doing this?

1. Can I apply the Autoreject function on continuous raw object? if possible, please show me how.

no you can’t

out of curiosity why do you need to do this?

Alex

I used the mne.make_fixed_length_epochs function to generate epochs of concatenated raw data. I applied the MNE FASTER algorithm but had some artifacts even after adjusting the epoch lengths. I was considering converting the result I had and then make a new epoch and then repeat the process.

Autoreject method seem better for the epoch data dropping much epochs so someone suggested that I could apply it on the raw data to compare the results. it raised error when I tried stating Autoreject can only be applied to mne epoch object. I asked to get a confirmation. Thank you for replying.

I have more data to clean, I would also appreciate any thought on efficient method to apply.

Note, this is my thesis data I am trying to clean before further analysis.

autoreject can drop epochs and even if it just interpolates some bad channels it will create artifact
on the edges if you glue them back together

I would suggest you stick to epochs. Now you can use long epochs with possible overlap

it’s what we do in the lab for rest data.

Alex

1 Like