Change colorscheme of TFR

Hi, as I am working on comparing TFR obtained from brainstorm to that with MNE, I require the color scheme for both TFRs to match. I know brainstorm has options to manually create your own colorschemes, but how do I do with MNE?

Is there any option for me to export the TFR data from MNE into MATLAB so that I can generate a TFR plot on MATLAB for both brainstorm and MNE?

Please let me know how I can match colorschemes obtained from MNE with that of brainstorm so that I am comparing apples to apples for my analysis?

I know brainstorm has options to manually create your own colorschemes, but how do I do with MNE?

You can just provide the colormap name to relevant mne function (for example cmap='viridis'). All 2d mne plots are done in matplotlib, so you can also construct a colormap with matplotlib. You can learn more about matplotlib colormaps here.

Is there any option for me to export the TFR data from MNE into MATLAB.

You can just get the data array from the .data attribute of an mne TFR object and save it using scipy.io.savemat.

Hi @mmagnuski, when i tried using cmap=‘viridis’ as one of the arguments in my plot function, it showed me an error that said no attribute cmap in plot.

Does plot function not allow setting cmap in its argument? In that case what function can i use to plot the time frequency plot as obtained from Morlet wavelets with custom colormaps?

The .plot() method of AverageTFR mne object has cmap argument. Could you be a bit more specific withe respect to the plotting function you use and the exact error that you get?