BIDS: Eye tracking files with MEG data

Hi All,

What is the best BIDS compatible practice for incorporating eyelink eyetracking data with MEG data (specifically CTF .ds datasets/folder). We are posting some data on openneuro as part of the NIMH_HV protocol, but have associated eyetracker files for this new batch of subjects.

I can convert the eyelink data format files to ascii, but I don’t know what to do with it after that. I can put the data into the .ds/eyetracker.asc. This would be the most direct way of associating it with the dataset, but it may not be apparent that it is there. Alternatively it can be at the meg folder level and match the meg fname, but maybe with a desc-eyetracker tag.

Any help with the bids standard formatting will be appreciated. (A quick search on mne-bids website didn’t seem to show anything.)

-Jeff Stout

Since the data are EyeLink You can try GitHub - bids-standard/eye2bids: Convert eyetracking data to a BIDS compatible format (BEP20) · GitHub but I am not sure if it knows how to write that data into another modality (e.g. meg)..

If your data are loaded in memory as MNE objects, MNE-BIDS also supports writing eyetracking data now: Convert eyetracking data to BIDS Format — MNE-BIDS 0.20.0 documentation . It’s pretty new functionality so if you use it and have issues, do let us know!

Thanks @scott-huberty - I will follow the directions in the MNE-BIDS 0.20 EEG section. I think this gives us what we need (I think I passed over it before because of the EEG association).

Will get back to the mne-bids team if there are any issues.

Appreciate it,

Jeff

You will probably be the first to use it besides me so I am sure there will be something to fix : )