B-Alert X24 EEG system

If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE-Python version: 0.23.0
  • operating system: Windows 10

I have CSV datasets generated by the B-Alert X24 EEG system, which generates data from 20 electrodes. Is it okay to set the montage as one of the built-in montages, such as standard_1020, or should I create the info objects from scratch?

The second question is I have TimeSecs sample on my CSV dataset; once I create my info object should I represent it in the object as ‘misc’, or I should drop it from the analysis because mne calculate it using the sampling frequency?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello @ibra332,

ideally, you’d get the electrode locations from the cap manufacturer. I just checked their website but couldn’t find a download link; if I were you, I would contact them.

That said, their electrode naming scheme seems to follow international standards, and therefore you could try to use the standard_1005 montage that ships with MNE-Python:

raw.set_montage(montage='standard_1005')

Note that those default locations might not perfectly represent the cap that you actually used, but they will be a good starting point.

1 Like