single channel visual inspection - automated process

Hello, I am interested in using ASR (Artifact Subspace Reconstruction) from eeglab, and I want to know if there is something similar in MNEpython for single channel visual inspection and cleaning. I have EMG data, and according to my pipeline, I have to visually inspect each of the channels (16 different muscles + sides) and I want to do it more automatically in Python instead of using eeglab and applying ASR. Is there a way to do it in MNE?!
Thank you for any suggestions!

:question: If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE version: e.g. 0.24.0
  • operating system: e.g. macOS 12 / Windows 10 / Ubuntu 18.04

:page_facing_up: Please also provide relevant code snippets – ideally a minimal working example (MWE).

:fountain_pen: To get the correct formatting, paste your Python code, then select it, and click on the Preformatted text toolbar button.

:no_mobile_phones: Please avoid sharing screenshots of code and error messages! Screenshots are difficult to work with especially on mobile devices; they don’t allow others to copy code and other text; and they don’t show up in the search.

:point_right: :point_right: :point_right: Please edit or remove the above text before submitting your posting. :point_left: :point_left: :point_left:

I recommend that you have a look at these two sections in the documentation (tutorials and examples on preprocessing):

And in particular the tutorial on repairing artifacts using ICA. To the best of my knowledge, ASR as in EEGLAB is not implemented in MNE-Python.

1 Like