Plot tomomap in epochs

Hello,

I have the following question, I want to do topomap for my epochs but I don’t need to use mne.viz.plot_epochs_psd_topomap

Thank you,

• MNE-Python version: 0.23
  • operating system: Windows

Hello, you can plot topomaps of evoked data instead by doing epochs.average().plot_topomap(). Is that what you want?

Hello Richard,

Ok, I will do it, and if I have another question, I let you know again.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Richard,
My data is an EDF file, not fif file to obtain evoked data. Do you knom if I can converte EDF to fif file?

Hello, I’m not sure I understand the problem. You can read continuous EDF data via mne.io.read_raw_edf()

You can then create epochs from the raw data, and from those epochs, you can generate evoked data.

Dear Richard
I just did what you say, but I have the following error. Could you know how to fix it?

To plot a topography, MNE needs to know where each electrode was placed on the head. It seems this information is missing from your data. You need to acquire the montage / channel locations from the EEG cap manufacturer, and read it via mne.channels.read_custom_montage(). Then, you can apply it to your data e.g. via raw.set_montage() or epochs.set_montage().

If you used a standard electrode layout, you can use MNE’s built-in locations. For example, if a 10–20 montage was used, you may call epochs.set_montage('standard_1020'). For a list of all available built-in montages, see the Notes section of mne.channels.make_standard_montage()

Thank you Richard, I already did it :grinning: