MEG Research Instrumentation Scientist/Specialist
New York University Abu Dhabi is seeking a Research Scientist/Specialist for our Magnetoencephalography facilities. Ideally, we are looking for an experienced MEG researcher with a PhD, but more junior applicants (BSc or MSc) will also be considered. The salary range is highly competitive and this position could be a great fit for a researcher who wants to focus on MEG research and methods, with no teaching or service responsibilities.
The candidate will oversee the daily operations of the MEG facility to support faculty and researchers in conducting their research and will support the integration of MEG with other neuroimaging modalities (e.g., EEG and MRI) and research technologies (e.g., eye-tracking).
The research scientist will:
• Work with the MEG manufacturer to ensure the proper maintenance and continuous operation of the MEG system (including repairs and necessary or desirable upgrades)
• Work with faculty and associated researchers to identify, procure, install and maintain the ancillary equipment/infrastructure necessary to satisfy the research goals of the community served by the MEG facility
• Assist faculty and associated researchers in (i) setting up, (ii) running and (iii) analyzing MEG experiments, uni- or multi-modally (e.g., EEG, eye-tracking), in sensor or source-localized spaces
• Work with faculty and researchers on developing, implementing, evaluating and applying novel MEG/EEG recordings and analysis techniques
• Work with different groups of researchers in diverse disciplines such as psychology, engineering, social sciences and their collaborators at other local research institutions (e.g., hospitals, universities) and provide them with scientific and technical support.
Applicants must have a PhD degree in Psychology/Neuroscience/Bioengineering or equivalent for the Research Instrumentation Scientist position and BSc or MSc for the Research Instrumentation Specialist position in a relevant field.
More information and application details can be found on Interfolio:
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of degree, and at least two letters of recommendation, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer. NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.