Is there a doc of plotting Mu and Beta?

I have some EEG files, I want to analyse Mu and Beta like the sample did:

I didn’t find this in mne example, is there a tutorial?

Hello,

Where did you find this illustration? Maybe I can find the code that generated it.
In the meantime, you can look at TFR examples: Time-Frequency Examples — MNE 1.0.3 documentation and at the welch mne.time_frequency.psd_welch — MNE 1.0.3 documentation and multitaper mne.time_frequency.psd_multitaper — MNE 1.0.3 documentation functions.

Mathieu

I tried tools you provided, thanks so much!
The mu rhythm is the alpha frequency band of the sensorimotor zone, so is this the image what I want?(Mu rhythm)

Your head circle dimension is off, probably because the sensor locations are in the wrong unit.

You can check this by looking at info['dig'] of your data (raw, epochs, evoked, …) instance, e.g. by doing sth like:

print(epochs.info['dig'])

Check that the coordinates make sense.

You can also visually inspect the montage via

epochs.get_montage().plot()

(again, assuming the data instance you’re working with is called epochs)

1 Like

it comes with:

Used Annotations descriptions: ['1', '2']
Not setting metadata
Not setting metadata
17 matching events found
No baseline correction applied
0 projection items activated
Loading data for 17 events and 3001 original time points ...
0 bad epochs dropped
None

it seems head and figure not in smae axls, is there a way to link them?

Please take a look at (and potentially share) the output of the lines I posted above. What you just shared has nothing really to do with that…

They are on the same axis. As Richard is explaining, the issue is that the scaling of your sensor location (x, y, z) does not match the size of the head drawn.
By default, MNE draws a sphere centered around (0, 0, 0) and of radius 0.095 meters. It looks like the montage associated with your data is not correctly scaled with this default sphere.

There are 2 ways to go about this:

• option 1: scale the montage to the sphere
  • option 2: scale the sphere to the montage,

I did

print(epochs.info['dig'])

nothing but the dialog above

Thanks, btw is there a documentation to do so?

What you posted above cannot be the output of that line. It’s output generated when creating epochs.

I am sorry, I overlooked the very last line of the output— I was reading on my phone.

So the last line is the relevant one and it says None

That is (part of) the problem

You don’t have a proper montage set. Please use the set_montage() method on your data.

FYI there’s a tutorial on sensor locations you may find helpful:

https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/intro/40_sensor_locations.html

1 Like

Thanks! Gonna check it

1 Like