Images of EEG signals for exporting into csv format

Hi, I am very new to EEG analysis. I have EEG signals in pdf format (non tabular form). To clarify these are images of EEG signals in pdf.

I want to extract the data of the EEG signals into csv format for statistical analysis and other processes, if anyone has experience with this I would greatly appreciate the help. Or, if you can recommend any other software tools that would also be welcomed. Thank you!

Hello! To clarify, what exactly do you have there? Traces of the amplitudes? Can you share an example of what this looks like please?

My (strong) gut feeling here is, however, that you shouldn’t even try. I would never, ever, trust a statistic you’d calculate on data extracted from an image like that.

If it’s a research paper, I’d advise you to get in touch with the authors and request the original data to perform your analysis.

Best wishes,
Richard

1 Like

Spike-waves

Hello! Thank you for your quick response to the post. As the data is confidential, I posted something that is similar to what I have in pdf form.

I have a complete trace of the EEG signals. I have been trying to convert this into an acceptable format of EEG’s (such as: EDF) which can then be analyzed.

I really appreciate the help and would love to talk more about this. Thank you!

Hello, I wouldn’t want to give you any advice here as I just don’t think this should be done. For example you don’t even know which kind of additional filters and interpolation methods or even clipping were applied to produce these images — it’s definitely not certain that the traces you see are an absolutely accurate representation of the underlying data.

Besides, this seems more like an image processing than an actual EEG / MNE-Python question to me, so I’d assume you’d have better luck asking this question on Stack Overflow.

But again: my gut feeling is you should not do this.

Best wishes,
Richard

1 Like