How to pre-specify tracing (seeds) before plotting an stc object

• MNE-Python version: 0.24.0
  • operating system: Windows 10

I know that tracing (interactive picking of a point on the surface of the brain and plotting its time course) can be done after plotting the stc object, but I would like to know if there is any way to pre-specify the location (or coordinates) of traces before plotting the stc object so that the traces do not need to be manually specified after the stc object is plotted.

Thank you!
Aqil

Hello @aqil.izadysadr, I’m tagging @GuillaumeFavelier, our 3D viz expert :sunglasses:

1 Like

mne.viz.Brain.add_foci() is the method that lets you programmatically add points to a brain. However it’s not yet implemented for the pyvista backend, only for the older / deprecated mayavi backend (which didn’t have that nice pane showing the timecourse of each picked vertex).

1 Like

Thank you @drammock! So, does that mean that I cannot implement it in Pyvista currently? Will future MNE updates have this option?

Best,
Aqil

yes.

it is planned, but I don’t know how soon. @GuillaumeFavelier keeps track of our PyVista 3D plotting to-do list and might know how hard it will be / how soon it might happen.

1 Like

Thank you @drammock! I will be looking forward to that.

Best,
Aqil