How to integrate EOG data collected using two EMG electrodes

Hi everyone,
As a part of my experiment, I collected EOG data by attaching EMG electrodes to two sides(temples) of the head.
How should I incorporate that to the MNE raw data? How can I convert it to EOG channel data?
Thanks in advance
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

:question: If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE version: e.g. 0.24.0
  • operating system: e.g. macOS 12 / Windows 10 / Ubuntu 18.04

:page_facing_up: Please also provide relevant code snippets – ideally a minimal working example (MWE).

:fountain_pen: To get the correct formatting, paste your Python code, then select it, and click on the Preformatted text toolbar button.

:no_mobile_phones: Please avoid sharing screenshots of code and error messages! Screenshots are difficult to work with especially on mobile devices; they don’t allow others to copy code and other text; and they don’t show up in the search.

:point_right: :point_right: :point_right: Please edit or remove the above text before submitting your posting. :point_left: :point_left: :point_left:

hi

As a part of my experiment, I collected EOG data by attaching EMG electrodes to two sides(temples) of the head.
How should I incorporate that to the MNE raw data?

raw.add_channels ?

How can I convert it to EOG channel data?

raw.set_channel_types

Alex

Thank you so much!,
Let me try this! Is there any voltage range used for EOG channels or is it just the same as the EEG channels?
Thank you

The amplitudes will of course usually be one to two orders of magnitude higher than for EEG, but MNE will take care of this automatically during visualization, if this is your concern.

Best wishes,
Richard