How to import .fif into eeglab

:question: If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE version: e.g. 0.24.0
  • operating system: Windows 10

Hello,I would like to use EEGLAB for other operations after finishing EEG preprocessing with MNE. Does EEGLAB support reading.fif files.

I don’t think it does, but you can export your fif file to .edf or .set which are supported by EEGLAB. See mne.export.export_raw.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

I think you need to install the fileio plugin in order to import FIF files.

xd,我也是这个问题,mne不能保存为eeglab可读的数据。目前还没解决

@brain_lira if you are having trouble exporting MNE objects to .edf or .set please open a new issue on this forum. If you are having trouble getting MATLAB to read .fif files make sure you have fileio plugin, if you still can’t import then probably you will get better help on the EEGLAB forums.

Thank you,I have soloved this problem.Chinese eeg-files may cause some problems when use mne-python.In the other hand,I also meet ‘buffer is too small for requested array’
but today i am glad to solve by using ‘raw = mne.io.read_epochs_eeglab(r"F:\脑电项目实验数据\11.26最终汇总结果\11.10最终中文版提交结果\20min\ershi_刘明阳2021-3-31.set",uint16_codec =‘latin1’)’ .

Thank you,I like python,such as mne,pandas and so on .It is very effective and various packages. I hope that people in growing numbers use mne in their papers.I hope the professor’s scientific research will be more and more successful

1 Like

Hi, this is a very touching post and I echo with it a lot. However, I would like to remind you that your file path seems to include some personal information that might be used to identify researchers or participants. Please consider modifying it to protect confidentiality :slight_smile: