Concatenating EpochsTFR objects

Hi all,

I would like to concatenate EpochsTFR objects, unfortunately, it seems there is no function in mne that does that. Is there a reason that mne.concatenate_epochs() is limited to BaseEpochs? I just had a quick look through the source code, and it seems only the field _raw_sfreq is missing in the EpochsTFR objects. Perhaps some additional, TFR-related checks of epoch consistency would be necessary as well.

Thanks,
Eduard

I am wondering about a potential use case for concatenating EpochsTFR. I am thinking about edge artefacts occurring at the borders of the epochs. If you want to concatenate the Epochs after TFR why would you create them in the first place instead of running TFR computation on the raw signal?

Hi Carina,

That was maybe a bit confusing, but by concatenating epochs, I don’t mean to merge them into one long epoch, but to combine a list of individual epochs into a new epoch object that contains all the individual epochs from that list. Essentially I want the same functionality as in mne.concatenate_epochs(), but then for EpochTFR objects. If you check out the docs for that, you will know what I mean, I hope.