Channel by Channel Comparison of Within Group Conditions

Hi Everyone,
I apologize in advance if this is a trivial question but I am having a hard time figuring out how I would go about statistically comparing two conditions in a study. I am trying to determine the difference between the two groups on a channel level basis. Ideally, the end result would be a list of channels that are significantly different between the two conditions. I was looking at the permutation_t_test but can’t quiet seem to figure out how to get the results I am hoping for out of it. If anyone has any input on the best way to accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Nolan

1 Like

@nolanrbrady Hi,

You can use the spatio_temporal_cluster_test API. This would allow you to see the effect i.e., brain activities that differ across a set of time points over certain channels. (effects in time-space)

Here is a tutorial to follow:
https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/stats-sensor-space/75_cluster_ftest_spatiotemporal.html#sphx-glr-auto-tutorials-stats-sensor-space-75-cluster-ftest-spatiotemporal-py

You probably need to modify the input data to pass it to the function, your X should be something like this

1. averaged evoked data case: compare two conditions in a single group of subject
    X = [condition A: n subjects (observations) x time points x channels, condition B: n subjects (observations) x time points x channels]

I would also recommend you follow the doc string (description of the API) to tune the function according to your need.

I have modified my answer since I didn’t look carefully at the title!

best,
Dip