Can I use previous freesurfer stuff to make a good head surface?

MNE version: 1.0 and 0.15 for legacy script
operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and CentOS release 6.7 (Final) for legacy script

Hi there, I’m working with a legacy script that uses python to call freesurfer and then some old mne commad line and python modules.
I seem to be missing what I need to do the automated coregistration well (per the [tutorial](https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/forward/25_automated_coreg.html)).

So my question is, given that I’ve done recon-all, and already completed old version of:
command line mne_setup_mri
python bem.make_watershed
… can I use something I already have to just make a higher resolution head model for Coregistration?

Some further details of what I’m working with…
Coregistration command (in mne1.0 environment) reported "Using low resolution head model in bem/outer_skin.surf"
I had to change the plot_kwargs surfaces tag to ‘head’ because plotting couldn’t find a bem/
-head-dense.fif or surf/lh.seghead

My bem folder contains the following :
brain.surf M87103937-5120-bem-sol.fif M87103937-inner_skull-5120.surf outer_skull.surf
inner_skull.surf M87103937-head.fif M87103937-src.fif watershed
M87103937-5120-bem.fif M87103937-inner_skull-5120.pnt outer_skin.surf

my surf folder has a bunch of stuff, but no seghead files.

From the documentation, I couldn’t figure out what module (that I’m either missing or don’t have useful parameters) should be making the -head-dense.fif or seghead

Thanks for your help,
Megan

Hi all,
I received some local input that I’m missing mkheadsurf from my recon-all call, and then can use mne_surf2bem to create the dense-head.fif

So looks like I know what I need to do.

Thanks,
Megan

1 Like