BrainSight .bsproj

Hi,

I’d like to ask if it is possible with MNE to open files with the .bsproj extension from a Brainsight device.
They seem like proprietary files and I have not been able to find much information out there. Maybe anyone here is more familiar with these extension.

Best,

Unfortunately with proprietary file formats we typically need cooperation from the company to be able to code a reader function in MNE. The usual paths are either:

1. Company provides their own python reader implementation, MNE adds that as a dependency and writes an MNE reader as a thin wrapper around the company’s package.
  2. Company provides a file format specification (i.e., which bytes refer to which bits of metadata, what format the data samples are encoded in, measurement scale, etc).

In either case we also need an (ideally very small/short duration) file to use in testing the reader function — this can be company-provided or user-created.

The best advice I can give is to contact the company and explain what you want to be able to do, and see if they’re willing to provide (1) or (2) above.

NOTE: if the file format is text (not binary) then it becomes much easier to reverse-engineer the contents even without a file specification. If that is the case let us know.