Annotations (2 questions): Keyboard shortcuts, default labels, and "show/hide" checkbox

• MNE-Python version: 0.23
  • operating system: Mac OS 11.3.1, Python 3.9

Three questions

1. When annotating, is there a keyboard shortcut or easy means to clear all annotations I’ve made?
  2. When I add a new label, the default name comes up “Bad__” . Is there a file where I can change this default?

I will let others reply to the first question(s), but I remember asking if there was a way to change the default name Bad_ in a configuration file, and I think there is not. Maybe it would be worth to add?

1. No, you’d have to clear the annotations using a command:

raw.annotations = None

2. I don’t think so. But remember that annotations beginning with “bad” are auto-ignored or rejected when epoching by default so having “Bad_” as the default name makes sense - it lets you to quickly change it to “Bad_muscle” for example.

BTW - using a keyboard shortcut to clear all annotations would be pretty dangerous if the shortcut was easy to press by accident.

I don’t think we recommend doing that, unless something has recently changed and I missed it. The recommended way to erase your annotations is by calling

raw.set_annotations(None)
1 Like

Only as long as we don’t have an Undo button :see_no_evil:

Thanks for correcting me @richard, I was not sure about that.