Amplitude correlation envelope (AEC)

Hi, would like to do Amplitude correlation envelope (AEC) computation, could not find that option in MNE-Connectivity.

Could anyone please guide of there is any method available in MNE for doing this, or how to compute AEC.

Help in this regard is much appreciated.
Thanks

:question: If you have a question or issue with MNE-Python, please include the following info:

• MNE version: e.g. 0.24.0
  • operating system: e.g. macOS 12 / Windows 10 / Ubuntu 18.04

:page_facing_up: Please also provide relevant code snippets – ideally a minimal working example (MWE).

:fountain_pen: To get the correct formatting, paste your Python code, then select it, and click on the Preformatted text toolbar button.

:no_mobile_phones: Please avoid sharing screenshots of code and error messages! Screenshots are difficult to work with especially on mobile devices; they don’t allow others to copy code and other text; and they don’t show up in the search.

:point_right: :point_right: :point_right: Please edit or remove the above text before submitting your posting. :point_left: :point_left: :point_left:

I think this is what you are looking for - Compute envelope correlations in source space β€” MNE-Connectivity 0.5.0 documentation

There is also a volume based measure (vs the surface based in the link)

–Jeff

Hi,

Could not find Amplitude correlation connectivity measure. Pls if anyone can help with how to compute amplitude correlation measure between set of electrodes, it would be really useful. Thanks

@jstout211

Could not find Amplitude correlation connectivity measure. I have to compute amplitude correlation measure between set of electrodes, it would be really useful if links to some resources can be shared. Thanks

Can you post a journal reference to the technique you are looking for? The hilbert envelope (referenced in the link) is the time resolved Amplitude of the band pass signal. Then you do correlation on the envelope amplitude to get your connectivity measure - hence Amplitude Envelope Correlation. I believe it is what you are looking for - but I could be wrong.

Regarding the connectivity between electrodes - I think you can do all of the steps except the things involved with the MRI (so ignore coreg/forward model and anything with stc and labels).

Just substitute epochs for stc/label_ts and it seems to run without error on a random dataset I tried it on.

corr_obj = envelope_correlation(
    >>epochs<<, orthogonalize='pairwise')
corr = corr_obj.combine()
corr = corr.get_data(output='dense')[:, :, 0]

I believe this will work - but I don’t routinely use this code - I just know that it is one of the example pages.

–Jeff

Thanks @jstout211, it was useful.