Save ERDS to image file instead of plotting it

Hey @mmagnuski thanks for your reply!

Got it. I managed to save individual images for each channel with savefig.

I noticed the X and Y labels are hardcoded. Is there a way to get ONLY the graphed data, without markers, color bar, etc? Example:

Context

What I’m trying to achieve is to export all epochs as png images and also apply some custom filtering like choosing the type of events to export, and also export each channel as a single image or merging them into one (in this case all images would be stacked vertically, therefore, the y axis wouldn’t be a “valid chart axis” anymore but that’s expected for my use case)

My current approach is to get the tfr_ev.average().data shaped as (3 channels, F frequencies, S samples) and reshape it into a (3 * F, S) matrix to then plot that into a 2D image - the idea of this reshaping is equivalent to simply stacking each channel vertically on top of each other as I mentioned before.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to achieve what I need with savefig. Do you think I should stick with my approach or switch to savefig?

About the average + mean, my question is more conceptual and about the correctness of that code. Is it really expected/wanted to apply the average to the data and ALSO the mean when plotting? Seems duplicated to me, but I don’t know if it is the expected use case…Also, why would one want to plot a mean by default? If one is calling plot without specifying anything I guess one would expect it to plot whatever is there - see, it’s called plot and not do_something_with_my_data_then_plot().

I apologize for my redundancy on this paragraph, I’m just trying to make myself as clear as possible :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance!